Two Day Biomechanics Course - May 2019
Posted by PPL Biomechanics on
Talbot Hotel, Stillorgan Road, Woodland, Dublin
Fri 10th & Sat 11th May 2019
This two-day course has been developed for postgraduate medical practitioners with minimal experience in orthotic prescription writing and will encompass theory and practical workshops. This multidisciplinary course is delivered jointly by Sharon Morris Physiotherapist (MSc Biomechanics) Galway City Physio and Joanne McKenna, Podiatrist. This intensive workshop-based course aims to enable practitioners to:
- Understand the principles of functional biomechanics
- Understand how the main functional units of the foot behave in gait
- Undertake a comprehensive biomechanical assessment
- Identify pathological standing posture & gait
- Identify if orthotic therapy is required
- Manage pathological foot posture with orthotic devices
- Be able to determine the essential elements of a successful prescription
- Use clinical reasoning methods to select an appropriate type of device
- Prescribe all types of orthotic devices and casting
The objective of this course is to give practitioners the knowledge, skills and confidence to biomechanically assess their patient, quantify the prescription, clinically reason the most appropriate type of device to prescribe, cast if appropriate and develop a treatment plan looking at all modalities available.
Applicants should hold a medical qualification of Level 7 or above (BSc. Physiotherapy, BSc. Podiatry etc). Experience of orthotic prescription is desirable, but not a pre-requisite. However, all applicants must be working / seeking employment within the medical industry in Ireland or the UK.
This course costs €350 which includes lunch, tea & coffee, printed notes and a PPL prescription platform kit. CPD point value of 14. Discounts available for recent graduates, return attendees and group bookings.