|Product Type||Standard||Fast Track|
|Prescription Insoles||5 working days||3 working days|
|Carbonflex Devices||5 working days||3 working days|
|Alterations & Refurbishments||5 working days||3 working days|
|CAD CAM Casted Orthoses||10 working days||5 working days|
|Handmade Casted Orthoses||10 working days||5 working days|
Comfort Adjustment Service
Some patients’ custom made devices may need adjusting. You can get a free adjustment service on the devices we make within a 3 month timeframe from receipt.
- Adjustment to extrinsic posting and wedging
- Trimming down of device length or width
- Reducing height of heel cups and borders
- Removal or trimming of heel raises
- See Alteration and Refurbishment Service for all other adjustments
How? Send your devices and instructions to us.
Alteration and Refurbishment Service
Extend the lifecycle of your patients’ devices with our alteration and refurbishment service.
- You’ll always get a quote for approval before refurbishment begins
- Cost depends on the work needed
- Devices must be reasonably hygienic and repairable
- Materials used may not exactly replicate the original, but will always be of equal quality
- Non-PPL devices can be altered for an additional charge
How? Send us your patients’ devices and your instructions
Special Fitting Service
More complex conditions often need non-standard additions to patients’ devices. You can offer your patients a trial fitting of an uncovered PPL device. This includes
- 6 week trial period
- 2 returns for adjustment and/or final covering
- Postal charges applied separately
How? Tick the Special Fitting Service box on the prescription form
Fitting to Footwear Service
All types of footwear can be fitted with custom made devices. Get the perfect fit for your patients’ footwear by following these steps:
- Order PPL’s medical grade footwear alongside devices
- Include a footwear template, drawing, or insole giving the internal shape of the shoe
You can even send us your patients’ footwear and the custom device order for fitting. Their property will be protected using our in-house customer property tracking system.
Repeat Prescription Service
Save time – and money – on future orders with our repeat prescription service which is available for most custom made devices.
- Your prescriptions, sketches, and digital scans can be stored for 5 years
- Your patients’ plaster casts are stored for 1 month, but we can return them to you by request
- Discount for multiple pairs ordered at once and repeats of certain devices within a specified period.
Whether you’re beginning your career, or you’re an experienced practitioner treating complex patients’ needs, our technical support team is here to help.
Choose one-to-one prescription support to ensure that your custom made device orders match your patients’ individual requirements.
Every prescription for a custom device is reviewed by our technical team. If anything is unclear, we’ll be in touch to make sure we get things right.
Need Technical Support? Tick the Technical box on the prescription form