DARCO Body Armor Heel Reliever
Single | Universal
The DARCO Body Armor Heel Reliever is a suspension boot designed to protect the patient’s foot and lower limb whilst in bed or resting. The heel is cut away to specifically prevent heel pressure ulcers. However, they are extensively used to protect high pressure areas in the rest of the foot and lower limb. Also useful for patients wearing Total Contact Casts for protecting the opposing limb. Smooth (or "flat") foam design is ideal for patients with oedematous legs as it will not create “impressions” on the leg. The outer material prevents friction with bed sheets.
An accompanying wedge can also be used in several ways to support the device and prevent unwanted movement. Three hook and loop fastening straps and a forefoot pad assist in securing the leg and foot in the desired position. The label has a handy area for writing on which may be used for patient specific data. This can be washed (60°C) or autoclaved for sterility.
Click here for full visual instructions for effective use.
- friendly tricot backing aids mobility and safety
- can be washed (60°C) or autoclaved for sterility
- internal pad completely suspends heel
- heel opening for easy inspection
- easy on – easy off
- can be worn on right or left foot
- the external soft, smooth nylon “moves on the sheets and not on the feet”
- forefoot strap for additional support
- prevention and the healing of heel pressure ulcers
- patients suffering from large / small vessel disease
- diabetic foot syndrome and decubitus
- braden pressure-sore risk scale of 17 points or less
- sedentary diabetic patients with neurological sensory deficit
- foot pulse not palpable
- prolonged immobility or coma