Continuous Improvement Specialist
PPL is an SME, built from the ground by a diverse team of 28 people working from our Tramore Road, Cork City base. We promote and support a positive, inclusive, and progressive workplace environment to develop talent and foster ambition.
We are now recruiting a Continuous Improvement Specialist to join our team.
This is a new role the successful candidate will work cross-functionally to support the company’s innovation and growth ambitions.
The key accountabilities of this role:
- Lead and support the development of a Continuous Improvement and Lean culture across the facility
- Facilitate, train, and develop staff in Lean / quality by design thinking and techniques and implement the structures and processes that deliver everyday improvements in products and services.
- Monitor, analyse and report regularly on site KPIs.
- Lead Continuous Improvement projects and initiatives with other functional stakeholders that deliver sustainable improvements in KPIs in our manufacturing and distribution systems and processes, i.e., productivity, quality, cost, and delivery.
- Work closely with Quality and Operations team to review and update Process Maps, SOPs, training methods and materials to comply with the QMS and align with ISO
- Work with internal stakeholders and external service providers to develop and improve ICT systems, process, and data integrity
- Play a key role in the New Product Development to embed a culture of “quality by design” ensuring Quality is built into products and services, utilising risk-based approaches centred around Customer values and needs.
The ideal candidate for this role will meet the following requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role, or in a Technical or Supervisory role, in a quality by design / lean manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record of leading Lean /CI projects and delivering significant improvements in KPIs
- 3rd level qualification and /or Certified to Green Belt standard.
- Proven competence in process mapping & writing SOPs to ISO standards.
- Strong IT Competence including working knowledge of Microsoft 365, ERP and MRP systems
- Proven problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills to identify problems and root causes quickly and implement effective solutions and improvements
- Experience of training and developing staff
- Experience in New Process and New Product Introduction an advantage
- CAD CAM Experience an advantage
In addition to the above you will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to lead and influence others – interpersonal communication,
- Organisation of self and others – co-ordination, effective time management
- Results Oriented – Delivers on commitments and is accountable for results
- Hands On, practical -
- Fluent written and oral English
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Attractive Salary - Part Time - Performance Bonus - Pension Fund - Parking