Augmenting Paediatric & CDNT Clinical Biomechanics Skills
Who Should Attend?
Are you working in paediatrics' or paediatric disability in the HSE or with a voluntary body?
Would you like to increase your knowledge & skills in screening and assessing paediatric lower limb biomechanics?
Would you like to improve your confidence and skills in prescribing stock orthoses for common patient presentations?
Would you like to understand more about when to refer, intervene, monitor or leave alone?
Do you enjoy learning from practical workshops?
Then this practical training course is designed for you.
Course Prerequisites: Applicants should hold a relevant medical qualification of Level 7 or above or equivalent.
"The fact that I expanded my expertise to cover both paediatric and adult populations, while successfully transitioning from private practice to the public sector, showcases the practical and versatile application of what I've learned from this training,"
Afeefa Ashraf MISCP, Senior Physiotherapist CDNT, CHO8
Why You should attend?
- Learn by Doing: This hands-on program focuses on foot assessment, posture and mechanics and the link to overall kinematic function encompassing theory and practical hands-on assessment.
- Interactive Learning: Collaborate with fellow practitioners, engage in group discussions, and receive personalized feedback. The application of practical interactive training can help demystify some of the complexity associated with prescribing foot orthoses while learning in an active, engaging process.
- Multidisciplinary Tutors: Our tutors are healthcare professionals with years of practical clinical and teaching experience
What will I learn?
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Determine if and when orthotic therapy maybe beneficial and prescribe stock devices where appropriate
- Understand typical lower limb development from birth to adulthood
- Understand the principles of lower limb mechanics and function
- Undertake a foot and lower limb biomechanical assessment
- Identify pathological gait patterns and standing posture
- Utilise screening tools to assist in selecting management pathways
- Confidently assess and manage common low tone and flat foot presentations and other common paediatric & juvenile presentations
- Prescribe stock foot orthoses other orthotic solutions where appropriate
- Advise on appropriate footwear selection
- Identify referral criteria and appropriate MDT pathways
Course Details :
Venue : Osprey Hotel, Naas, Co. Kildare
Dates : Wednesday 25th & Thursday 26th October, 2023
Times : Day 1 - 9.00 to 5pm, Day 2 - 8.30 to 4.30.
Cost : This 2 day course costs €600 per delegate.
Included : Lunches, refreshments, car parking, training tools and course notes.
For queries please contact us at email@example.com
Are you ready to take your Biomechanical Assessment skills to the next level?
This Hands-On practical training course is designed to provide you with a dynamic learning experience that goes beyond theory and equips you with real-world orthotic device prescription writing expertise.
Register as a Practitioner
All of our courses are designed, and strictly reserved, for qualified medical practitioners. To apply for any course you must already be registered with PPL as a practitioner. As a registered practitioner you will gain access to all of our online Biomechanical training & education resources, as well as our full clinical & technical support services. Online registrations are reviewed daily during working hours and we will email you on approval. Please apply now by clicking the link below.
Already a Registered PPL Practitioner?
As a registered practitioner you can apply directly for this course by clicking the link below.
All course applications are reviewed by our clinical support & education team to assess best program suitability. We will contact you directly regarding any queries and securing your place. Places are secured by receipt of online payment or an official HSE purchase order.