Applying Clinical Biomechanics in MSK / Physiotherapy Private Practice
Who Should Attend?
Are you a physiotherapist or a MSK professional working in a private practice?
Would you like to become more knowledgeable in assessing the foot and lower limb biomechanics?
Would you like to confidently prescribe stock and custom-made foot orthoses for you patients?
Do you enjoy learning from practical workshops?
Then this hands-on training course is designed for you.
Course Prerequisites: Applicants should hold a relevant medical qualification of Level 7 or above or equivalent.
Why You should attend:
- Learn by Doing: This hands-on program focuses on foot assessment, posture and mechanics and the link to overall kinematic function encompassing theory and practical hands-on assessment.
- Interactive Learning: Collaborate with fellow practitioners, engage in group discussions, and receive personalized feedback. The application of practical interactive training can help demystify some of the complexity associated with prescribing foot orthoses while learning in an active, engaging process.
- Multidisciplinary Tutors: Our tutors are healthcare professionals with years of practical clinical and teaching experience
What will I learn?
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Provide orthotic solutions for typical Private Practice clinical presentations
- Assess the anatomical structure of the foot and lower limb
- Understand the principles of lower limb mechanics and function
- Undertake foot and lower limb biomechanical assessment
- Identify pathological posture and gait patterns
- Advise your patients on sports and general footwear selection
- Determine if and when orthotic therapy can compliment rehabilitation
- Be confident in foot casting and capture techniques
- Prescribe and fit custom made & stock foot orthoses
- Identify referral criteria and pathways where appropriate
Course Details :
Venue : The Keadeen Hotel, Newbridge, Co.Kildare
Dates : Friday 15th & Saturday 16th September, 2023
Times : Day 1 - 9.00 to 5pm, Day 2 - 8.30 to 4.30.
Cost : This 2 day course costs €600 per delegate.
Included : Lunches, refreshments, car parking, training tools and course notes.
For queries please contact us at email@example.com
Are you ready to take your Biomechanical Assessment skills to the next level?
This Hands-On practical training course is designed to provide you with a dynamic learning experience that goes beyond theory and equips you with real-world orthotic device prescription writing expertise.
Register as a Practitioner
All of our courses are designed, and strictly reserved, for qualified medical practitioners. To apply for any course you must already be registered with PPL as a practitioner. As a registered practitioner you will gain access to all of our online Biomechanical training & education resources, as well as our full clinical & technical support services. Online registrations are reviewed daily during working hours and we will email you on approval. Please apply now by clicking the link below.
Already a Registered PPL Practitioner?
As a registered practitioner you can apply directly for this course by clicking the link below.
All course applications are reviewed by our clinical support & education team to assess best program suitability. We will contact you directly regarding any queries and securing your place. Places are secured by receipt of online payment or an official HSE purchase order.