Advancing Podiatric Biomechanics for Evolving HSE Services
Who Should Attend?
Are you a podiatrist working in the prevention and management of chronic disease in the HSE ?
Would you like to refresh your knowledge & skills in screening and assessing lower limb biomechanics?
Would you like to improve your confidence and skills in prescribing orthoses and footwear for complex patient presentations?
Would you like to learn more about rehabilitation & pain management strategies?
Do you enjoy learning from practical workshops?
Then this Hands-On training course is designed for you.
Course Prerequisites: Applicants should hold a relevant medical qualification of Level 7 or above or equivalent.
Why You should attend?
- Learn by Doing: This hands-on program focuses on foot assessment, posture and mechanics and the link to overall kinematic function encompassing theory and practical hands-on assessment.
- Interactive Learning: Collaborate with fellow practitioners, engage in group discussions, and receive personalized feedback. The application of practical interactive training can help demystify some of the complexity associated with prescribing foot orthoses while learning in an active, engaging process.
- Multidisciplinary Tutors: Our tutors are healthcare professionals with years of practical clinical and teaching experience
What will I learn?
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Deliver broader preventative management strategies for chronic disease.
- Apply the principles of functional foot biomechanics & offloading
- Confidently undertake a biomechanical / MSK assessment
- Identify pathological gait patterns and standing posture
- Screen for structural lower limb deformity and motor control problems
- Identify referral criteria and appropriate MDT pathways
- Manage complex foot shapes and biomechanical presentations
- Select, prescribe and fit custom made & stock foot orthoses
- Assess footwear needs and prescribe medical grade footwear
- Prescribe appropriate offloading solutions
- Utilise relevant rehabilitation techniques within your management
- Harness the concepts of pain management to improve outcomes
Course Details :
Venue : The Keadeen Hotel, Newbridge, Co.Kildare
Dates : Wednesday 29th & Thursday 30th November, 2023
Times : Day 1 - 9.00am to 5pm, Day 2 - 8.30am to 4.30pm
Cost : This 2 day course costs €600 per delegate.
Included : Lunches, refreshments, car parking, training tools and course notes.
For queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you ready to take your Biomechanical Assessment skills to the next level?
This Hands-On practical training course is designed to provide you with a dynamic learning experience that goes beyond theory and equips you with real-world orthotic device prescription writing expertise.
Register as a Practitioner
All of our courses are designed, and strictly reserved, for qualified medical practitioners. To apply for any course you must already be registered with PPL as a practitioner. As a registered practitioner you will gain access to all of our online Biomechanical training & education resources, as well as our full clinical & technical support services. Online registrations are reviewed daily during working hours and we will email you on approval. Please apply now by clicking the link below.
Already a Registered PPL Practitioner?
As a registered practitioner you can apply directly for this course by clicking the link below.
All course applications are reviewed by our clinical support & education team to assess best program suitability. We will contact you directly regarding any queries and securing your place. Places are secured by receipt of online payment or an official HSE purchase order.