This two day course has been developed for postgraduate medical practitioners with minimal experience in orthotic prescription writing and will encompass theory and practical workshops. This multidisciplinary course is delivered jointly by Sharon Morris Physiotherapist (MSc Biomechanics) Galway City Physio and Joanne McKenna, Podiatrist. This intensive workshop based course aims to enable practitioners to:
- Understand principles of functional biomechanics
- Understand how the main functional units of the foot behave in gait
- Undertake a comprehensive biomechanical assessment
- Identify pathological standing posture & gait
- Identify if orthotic therapy is required
- Manage pathological foot posture with orthotic devices
- Be able to determine the essential elements of a successful prescription
- Use clinical reasoning methods to select appropriate type of device
- Prescribe all types of orthotic devices and casting
The objective of this course is to give practitioners the knowledge, skills and confidence to biomechanically assess their patient, quantify the prescription, clinically reason the most appropriate type of device to prescribe, cast if appropriate and develop a treatment plan looking at all modalities available.
This course costs €350 (early bird €325, when paid more than 30 days prior to the event) which includes lunch, tea & coffee, printed notes and a PPL prescription platform kit. CPD point value of 14. Discounts available for recent graduates, return attendees and group bookings.
Red Cow Moran Hotel, Naas Road, Dublin
- Tags: Course